To be effective in the classroom, not only do you need extensive clinical experiences, but also support, mentorship, and dynamic skills to educate diverse populations of students. We create a culture of continuous improvement so you have the essential knowledge base to remain in the profession over time.
Resources for All Educators
- Professional Learning and Community for Educators (ASCD)
- ASCD provides educators with resources that cover a wide area of interests. You can find information regarding topics such as assessment, classroom management, curriculum, instructional strategies, professional learning, and social-emotional learning.
- International Literacy Association
- ILA is a resource for educators that specializes in publishing peer-reviewed research, creating and disseminating evidence-based resources for educators, providing impactful professional development and learning experiences, recognizing outstanding teacher preparation programs, and supporting teachers, researchers, and literacy leaders with awards and grants.
Elementary Education Resources
- Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
- CE International aids educators by helping them create customized strategies to build a strategic plan for education, accreditation for training, conferences, and learning programs, and advisory services tailored to your needs.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NAEYC is an enriched resource for educators that provide you with books, magazines, blogs, and peer-reviewed articles for teaching young children. Educators interested in furthering their work and understanding of young children can find out more information about how to get involved with NAEYC through their online webinars and annual conferences.
Secondary Education Resources
- National Council for Teachers of English (NCTE)
- NCTE not only provides resources for secondary teachers of English, they also provide resources for those teaching the subject at the elementary, middle, and college level. The NCTE offers journals, publications, and resources; to further the voice and expertise of educators as advocates for their students at the local and federal levels; and to share lesson ideas, research, and teaching strategies through its events.
- National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- NCTM provides guidance and resources to educators of all grade levels (PreK-12) for the implementation of research-informed teaching that supports the learning of each and every student in equitable environments with its classroom resources, book publications, and conferences.
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- NCSS provides social studies educators with professional learning opportunities, publications and resources, and information regarding the Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society for middle and high school students.
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- NSTA requires educators to sign up for their free membership to access an unlimited amount of lesson plans, journals, and free resources. Educators can also further engage with NSTA by participating in their paid webinars.
- National Association of Teacher Educators for Family and Consumer Science (NATEFACS)
- NATEFACS offers opportunities to FCS educators through their membership program that enables educators to connect with other FCS state administrators, teacher educators, and professionals.You can also access their peer-reviewed journal and resource library that informs you on the best practices in the field.
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- ACTE prepares educators to teach secondary, postsecondary and adult students with technical, academic and employability skills for success in the workplace and in further education. The organization provides resources, professional development opportunities, and information to help professionals achieve more.
All Grades Resources
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE)
- SHAPE America offers a wide variety of professional development opportunities, including standards-based workshops, webinars, timely podcasts and events for PreK-12 educators, college/university faculty, coaches and researchers.
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- NAfME is a collaborative community that supports music educators and advocates for equitable access to music education by providing their resources, blogs, magazines, and research journals for PreK-12 music educators.
- National Art Education Association
- NAEA focuses on creative growth and innovation by equitably advancing the tools and resources for a high-quality visual arts, design, and media arts education throughout diverse populations and communities of practice by providing educators with learning tools, research journals, and professional opportunities.
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
- MTNA provides professional resources for music educators of all grade levels including networking, conferences, events, certifications, and enrichment grants. Additionally, the association hosts national conferences and webinars for learning opportunities the experts in the field.